Our Affordable Housing Practice is dedicated to serving as trusted partners to organizations in the Affordable Housing industry. Developers, property managers and equity syndicators benefit from Scott’s expertise managing their unique risks at the lowest cost so they can focus on improving lives and communities.
Our solutions are tailored to the Affordable Housing industry.
Stay ahead of potential underwriting issues with an insurance program tailored to meet the complex coverage needs of the Affordable Housing industry while keeping your insurance cost per unit as low as possible!
Contractual Risk Transfer
Whether your project is new construction or rehab, you can better protect your organization by ensuring risks are transferred to the appropriate parties in your various contracts.
Proactive Claims Management
From getting property claims paid in a timely fashion to protecting your organization from baseless liability claims, we can help you directly impact your bottom line with proactive claims management.
LIHTC Recapture Bonds
Protect against tax credit recapture and interest penalties due to any non-compliance that may arise after an ownership change.
In the Words of a Client
“Scott understands our business and I know I can count on Nathan and his team to look out for our best interest. Their expertise in the Affordable Housing industry is an advantage for us because of the technical knowledge and market insight they bring to the table. They continually work to provide us with top-notch service in conjunction with the best insurance program designed for our specific risk management needs.”
– Sharon Lorden
CFO/VP of Finance & Administration, DHIC
- The Broad Spectrum of Professional Liability in the Affordable Housing Industry
- Putting LIHTC Recapture Bonds to Work for You
- Under Construction: Liability Concerns and Considerations During Development
- State of the Insurance Market for the Affordable Housing Industry
- How Will the New FEMA Flood Insurance Rating System Impact You?
- Mold & Its Impact on the Affordable Housing Industry
- Cyber Incident Response Fundamentals: Tools and Tips for the Affordable Housing Industry (October 2021)
- Best Practices for Problematic Claims in Affordable Housing (June 2021)
- Captives: The Why, How & What for the Affordable Housing Industry (March 2021)
- Hot Topics for the Affordable Housing Industry
- Blind Spots for the Affordable Housing Industry: How to Protect Your Company and Board of Directors
- Workers Compensation: Insights and Strategies to Improve Your Bottom Line
Industry Related Articles
- Emergency: Affordable Housing’s Pull Cord Problem and the Unintended Insurance Ramifications
- Liability Considerations for Affordable Housing Development
- Flood Policy Changes That Will Impact the Affordable Housing Industry
- Mold: Impacts on the Affordable Housing Industry
- Cybersecurity Best Practices for the Affordable Housing Industry
- Captive Insurance for the Affordable Housing Industry
- How Insurance Carriers Use Crime Scores to Assess Risk in the Affordable Housing Industry
- LIHTC Recapture Bonds for Affordable Housing
- Affordable Housing Property Coverage Considerations
- Risk Management and Insurance Considerations of Off-site/Modular Construction in Affordable Housing Development
- Addressing the Exposures of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit
- Housing Discrimination and Criminal Background Checks: What Property Managers Need to Know
- The “ABCs” of Worker Misclassification in the Wake of Dynamex
- Affordable Housing Insights
- Affordable Housings Economic Impact