With more than 150 years’ experience, Scott Insurance is a leader in developing smart strategies and innovative programs customized to the needs of mid-market companies. We offer property & casualty, employee benefits, captive insurance and surety bonds solutions, as well as personal risk services. An employee-owned company, we are one of the largest independent agencies in the Southeast and have Captive Insurance operations in Grand Cayman and Vermont. For 23 years, we have earned the distinction of a Best Practices Agency and have consistently been ranked among the top 30 agencies in the country by Reagan & Associates. Scott has nine offices across North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our employee owners enjoy a strong, team-centric culture, excellent benefits and retirement programs. As an employee-owned company, our associates are more than employees; they are owners. This ownership creates a unique company culture and provides significant opportunities for our employee owners. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and guided by out-of-the box thinking to deliver world-class service to our clients, primarily mid-market companies.
We currently have an opening in our employee benefits division for a Vice President of Financial Risk Management. There is flexibility within our geographical footprint as to where this position can be located. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Vice President of Financial Risk Management’s primary responsibility is to support employee benefits Consultants/Producers and client service teams as a subject matter expert with client strategy, product innovation, technical training and new business development.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required with a finance, business and/or actuarial sciences concentration.
- Significant underwriting and actuary work experience preferred.
- Eight years or more of healthcare insurance industry experience is required, including healthcare underwriting, self-funding, stop loss, provider network analysis, alternate funding, funding projections and general risk analysis.
- Direct employer consulting and service experience preferred.
- Work experience with a medical managed carrier is preferred.
- Creative problem solver with exceptional relationship building skills.
- Ability to develop underwriting models, funding projections and impact analysis is essential.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support employee benefit Consultants/Producers and client service teams as a subject matter expert with client strategy, product innovation, technical training and new business development.
- Direct client access in providing expertise on underwriting, pricing, plan structure, benefit design and financial viability/analysis of employee health benefits programs.
- Oversight and technical assistance with employee benefits captive renewals and sales process.
- Consult with clients regarding self-funded and fully insured claims assessments, product development and M&A due diligence.
- Support Consultants/Producers in all financial aspects of servicing existing clients and assist Consultants/Producers with new business opportunities.
- Consult with large, complex clients acting as the subject matter expert for issues relating to underwriting, actuarial and financial projections.
- Conduct provider network evaluations.
- Provide insight and interpretation regarding utilization trends/cost trends.
- Lead special projects focused on plan design comparisons, multiyear contribution strategy and financial trends.