With 150 years’ experience, Scott Insurance is a leader in developing smart strategies and innovative programs customized to the needs of mid-market companies. We offer property & casualty, employee benefits, captive insurance and surety bonds solutions, as well as personal risk services. An employee-owned company, we are one of the largest independent agencies in the Southeast and have Captive Insurance operations in Grand Cayman and Vermont. For 23 years, we have earned the distinction of a Best Practices Agency and have consistently been ranked among the top 30 agencies in the country by Reagan & Associates. Scott has nine offices across North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our employee owners enjoy a strong, team-centric culture, excellent benefits and retirement programs. As an employee-owned company, our associates are more than employees; they are owners. This ownership creates a unique company culture and provides significant opportunities for our employee owners. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and guided by out-of-the box thinking to deliver world-class service to our clients, primarily mid-market companies.
We currently have an opening for a Surety Bond Analyst in our Nashville, Tennessee office. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Surety Bond Analyst serves our clients by providing daily account support services for existing/assigned surety bond clients, analyzing new and existing client financials to assist in determining levels of bonding authority, soliciting of new business on existing accounts and support Producer-led new business efforts.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Two to four year college degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Two years of surety bond experience is required.
- Bookkeeping experience with a focus on Construction.
- Valid insurance license or the ability to obtain within 90 days is required.
- Proven ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and handling of sensitive information.
- Creative problem solver with advanced analytical skills.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare/issue various types of bonds, including but not limited to bid, contract, miscellaneous and court bonds;
- Prepare consents of surety, riders, bond-ability letters and other documents requested by clients;
- Prepare indemnity agreements and bond applications;
- Manage accurate electronic bond files in agency management system and surety software;
- Generate bond reports as needed;
- Collect specific financial, legal and other pertinent information about customers;
- Evaluate information and calculate risk based on established criteria;
- Handle countersignature requirements;
- Coordinate receipt of underwriting information as requested;
- Confirm that bonds are issued in compliance with surety lines of authority;
- Review client accounting history, respond to accounting inquiries, correct discrepancies, and contact clients on receivables;
- Other duties as assigned.