With more than 150 years’ experience, Scott Insurance is a leader in developing smart strategies and innovative programs customized to the needs of mid-market companies. We offer property & casualty, employee benefits, captive insurance and surety bonds solutions, as well as personal risk services. An employee-owned company, we are one of the largest independent agencies in the Southeast and have Captive Insurance operations in Grand Cayman and Vermont. For 23 years, we have earned the distinction of a Best Practices Agency and have consistently been ranked among the top 30 agencies in the country by Reagan & Associates. Scott has nine offices across North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our employee owners enjoy a strong, team-centric culture, excellent benefits and retirement programs. As an employee-owned company, our associates are more than employees; they are owners. This ownership creates a unique company culture and provides significant opportunities for our employee owners. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and guided by out-of-the box thinking to deliver world-class service to our clients, primarily mid-market companies.
We currently have an opening for a Office Coordinator in our Richmond, Virginia office. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Office Coordinator is often the first contact our clients have with Scott Insurance. This position is an ambassador for the Scott brand. The Office Coordinator has a variety of essential responsibilities that help the office run smoothly.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to manage the day to day operations of a Scott office efficiently, effectively and with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional customer service skills when answering, screening, or forwarding calls and providing information.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be detail orientated and have superior interpersonal skills.
- Provide exemplary support to the Scott team in a manner consistent with Scott values.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day functions of the office including welcoming and directing visitors, purchasing supplies, overseeing the conference room schedule, arranging office equipment repair and maintenance and other duties.
- Assist the COO, Branch Leader and Professional Development Team in ensuring that the office is organized and running effectively.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to assist new hires in the office, provide computer and telephone orientation, supplies and office introduction.
- Perform general administrative duties including filing, answering the telephones, preparing reports and spreadsheets as needed, bookkeeping and other duties as assigned.
- Act as the office “Good Will Ambassador”, helping to maintain Scott’s culture by assisting with the United Way campaign, the Employee Fun Committee, holiday luncheons, charity events, Employee Appreciate Day, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.