With 150 years’ experience, Scott Insurance is a leader in developing smart strategies and innovative programs customized to the needs of mid-market companies. We offer property & casualty, employee benefits, captive insurance and surety bonds solutions, as well as personal risk services. An employee-owned company, we are one of the largest independent agencies in the Southeast and have Captive Insurance operations in Grand Cayman and Vermont. For 23 years, we have earned the distinction of a Best Practices Agency and have consistently been ranked among the top 30 agencies in the country by Reagan & Associates. Scott has nine offices across North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our employee owners enjoy a strong, team-centric culture, excellent benefits and retirement programs. As an employee-owned company, our associates are more than employees; they are owners. This ownership creates a unique company culture and provides significant opportunities for our employee owners. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and guided by out-of-the box thinking to deliver world-class service to our clients, primarily mid-market companies.
We currently have an opening for a Commercial Account Analyst in our Greensboro, North Carolina office. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
This position will provide assistance to the Producer in the handling and processing of commercial business.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Four year college degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Property & Casualty license or the ability to obtain within 90 days is required.
- CISR and/or CIC designations preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing accounts in accordance with agency standards and workflows.
- Binding and issuing policies, endorsements and audits.
- Preparing Premium/Loss Analysis and Modification Analysis.
- Determining appropriate marketing strategy for placement of business.
- Processing new business/renewal applications, endorsements, certificates, cancellations, audits, check policies and preparing proposals.
- Preparing binders, certificates, account summaries (to include premium and loss experience as well as coverage), endorsements, policies, lost policy releases and account balance status when requested. Ensuring items are delivered and/or mailed to client. Initiating correspondence with companies and clients. Maintaining expiration control log.
- Reviewing and interpreting coverage for new and renewal policies per guidelines, endorsements and handling audits for accuracy in rating, typing coverage and signatures.
- Responding to client questions regarding insurance coverage and exposures.
- Establishing strong working relationships with clients, underwriters and carriers.
- Researching for unique coverage situations and new coverages in the industry.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to Careers@Scottins.com.