With 150 years’ experience, Scott Insurance is a leader in developing smart strategies and innovative programs customized to the needs of mid-market companies. We offer property & casualty, employee benefits, captive insurance and surety bonds solutions, as well as personal risk services. An employee-owned company, we are one of the largest independent agencies in the Southeast and have Captive Insurance operations in Grand Cayman and Vermont. For 23 years, we have earned the distinction of a Best Practices Agency and have consistently been ranked among the top 30 agencies in the country by Reagan & Associates. Scott has nine offices across North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our employee owners enjoy a strong, team-centric culture, excellent benefits and retirement programs. As an employee-owned company, our associates are more than employees; they are owners. This ownership creates a unique company culture and provides significant opportunities for our employee owners. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and guided by out-of-the box thinking to deliver world-class service to our clients, primarily mid-market companies.
We currently have an opening in our Risk Performance Group for a Loss Cost Management Specialist. This position will be located in our Charlotte, NC office. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Loss Cost Management Specialist directs the claim process from beginning to end using best practices to ensure an accurate and efficient resolution, with the ultimate objective being a reduction in their clients total cost of risk.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years or more of Claims Loss Cost Management experience.
- Workers’ Compensation experience required, multi-line experience preferred.
- Adjuster license and/or P&C license preferred.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize.
- Confidently take the initiative to creatively solve problems with a sense of urgency.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the claim process in an organized, accurate and efficient manner.
- Provide expert opinions to clients.
- Resolve difficult claims with wide-ranging discretion.
- Adhere to corporate claims guidelines and best practices.
- Build and maintain superior relationships with clients and internal company partners.
- Other duties as assigned.