With more than 150 years’ experience, Scott Insurance is a leader in developing smart strategies and innovative programs customized to the needs of mid-market companies. We offer property & casualty, employee benefits, captive insurance and surety bonds solutions, as well as personal risk services. An employee-owned company, we are one of the largest independent agencies in the Southeast and have Captive Insurance operations in Grand Cayman and Vermont. For 23 years, we have earned the distinction of a Best Practices Agency and have consistently been ranked among the top 30 agencies in the country by Reagan & Associates. Scott has nine offices across North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our employee owners enjoy a strong, team-centric culture, excellent benefits and retirement programs. As an employee-owned company, our associates are more than employees; they are owners. This ownership creates a unique company culture and provides significant opportunities for our employee owners. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and guided by out-of-the box thinking to deliver world-class service to our clients, primarily mid-market companies.
We currently have an opening for a Benefits Account Executive in our Charlotte, North Carolina office. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Benefits Account Executive is a trusted advisor who serves our clients by providing strategic product and service information.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Four year college degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Four years of benefit administration experience is required.
- Excellent understanding of underwriting methodologies.
- Experience with health reinsurance contract types.
- Exceptional relationship building skills and the ability to work well with our client’s executives, including CFOs, CEOs and HR Directors.
- Ability to lead internal service team: managing timelines and establishing expectations, reviewing work product for accuracy and assisting in the technical and service development of team members.
- Life and Health license or the ability to obtain within 90 days is required.
- CEBS designation and/or work towards the designation preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to successfully implement project management strategy.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize.
- Advanced Excel skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Producer in all aspects of servicing existing clients and maintaining relationships with key decision makers.
- Identify and solicit additional revenue through cross-sales to existing clients and identifying new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with insurance company underwriters and representatives to effectively oversee and negotiate the new and renewal marketing process.
- Develop and manage strategic project plans for each client’s renewals.
- Advise clients regarding healthcare reinsurance contract options.
- Create and present complex custom client contribution models.
- Analyze carrier underwriting methodologies, validate carrier recommendations and advise client regarding carrier projections.
- Participate in sales and service meetings with clients and marketing meetings with analysts to secure new business and maintain renewal business.
- Resolve complex, escalated product or service concerns.
- Support the Zywave tool as it relates to clients and internal broker use.
- Effectively communicate all aspects of the Affordable Care Act and other compliance topics such as HIPAA and ERISA.
- Develop, monitor and present client dashboards highlighting key health utilization performance areas for clients.
- Negotiate program renewals on behalf of client to attain best outcomes.
- Work with Analyst to develop strategy and timeline to ensure efficient and effective client outcomes.
- Lead Open Enrollment presentations to educate client executive teams (CFO, CEO, and HR Director).
- Present and effectively communicate information regarding programs to client populations during Open Enrollment meetings.