Companies experience an overwhelming number of challenges in the area of Workers’ Compensation.
At Scott, risk performance—preventing risk occurrences and managing loss costs—is a strategy that far exceeds the conventional safety programs and claims management protocol deployed within many organizations. Led by our expansive Risk Performance Group (RPG) we have built a truly revolutionary system and innovative processes tailored to the unique needs of middle market companies.
Working as an extension of our clients’ teams, Scott’s Risk Performance Group Specialists reduce their clients’ risk occurrences and manage claims costs with the following approach:
- Build a foundation—listen and learn about our clients’ businesses and needs
- Create risk awareness—help clients understand their current corporate safety culture by assessment of safety and claims data and processes
- Define expectations—set a vision, create goals and establish a strategy for improved risk performance, providing the organization with a safer work environment, fewer accidents and reduced severity and cost of claims
- Assign accountability—define roles and responsibilities for all organizational levels, aligning performance goals and key performance indicators
- Execute Scott’s unique and innovative processes—work together with clients to carry out Scott’s client-tailored safety and claims risk solutions
Dedicated risk performance specialists in workers' comp
Savings over average NC, TN and VA work comp claims
Years average tenure at Scott for RPG specialists
Cumulative years in the work comp industry
Our RPG specialists take a deep interest in their clients’ big picture, not just the latest accident and safety statistics. They fully engage with both the decision makers and production-level employees in a company to understand their motivations and challenges so we can map our solutions to their cultures.
From our experience, we have developed innovative Occurrence Prevention and Safety tools that are uniquely Scott:
- R.A.D.A.R – Safe Driving Strategy
- BEST BETS – Behavior Management Strategy
- CRT – Physical Agilities Testing
- ScoreCard – Measurement & Accountability Strategy
- TargetONE – Safety Strategy
Loss Cost Management
Let’s face it. Despite best efforts, accidents are going to happen. When they do, it’s how we deal with them that will have a tremendous impact on how much they cost. We know from experience and industry data, claims leakage represents as much as 25-35% of a claims cost!
Our proprietary ACE Navigation System brings significant value to our clients. Using a predictive model to identify the 10% of cases that cost our clients 90% of their dollars, our Loss Cost Specialists orchestrate all of the key stakeholders and steps to deliver the best outcomes from the time of injury to a satisfactory return to work.
In the Words of a Client
“Thanks to Scott’s assistance with our workers’ compensation claims, we have great confidence that we are managing each incident toward the best possible outcome. They have proven to be an excellent resource in improving our proactive handling of these cases.”
– Tom Carswell, Secretary-Treasurer, Waco, Inc.
Clients’ risk profiles must qualify them for the services provided by the Risk Performance Group.